WEBSITES AND BLOGS WHICH MAY BE USEFUL IN THINKING ABOUT CAREERS IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
NOTE THAT IT CLEARLY MAKES SENSE TO GET ON THE INTERNATIONAL PEACE AND CONFLICT,
Let Professor Field know if any of these links don’t work and if you have other suggestions
2. UNA-USA YOUNG PROFESSIONALS is a program of the United Nations Association of the United States of America that seeks to engage young professionals in discussions of international affairs, emphasizing the importance of multilateral cooperation and the United Nations. While we appreciate supporters of all ages, members are typically between the ages of 21-40, and are a diverse group of individuals from the fields of business, law, government, nonprofit, the arts and philanthropy. UNA-USA Young Professionals provides an exciting opportunity to interact with like-minded individuals and gives young professionals from all walks of life a unique forum in which to learn more about current international issues, the United Nations, and the work of UNA-USA.
UNA-USA Young Professionals of the Southern New York State Division develops international affairs-oriented educational and advocacy programs that will help New York City's many young professionals further their knowledge of pressing international issues, dedicate themselves to making a change in the world, and take a step towards becoming future global leaders.
For more information, visit http://unausa.org/membership/directory.
3. TOP TEN SUGGESTIONS FOR FINDING INTERNSHIPS IN PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTIONS
4. KEY POLICY INSTITUTIONS AND THINK TANKS IN PEACEBUILDING AND RELATED FIELDS
5. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIPS, U.S. CITIZENS ONLY
6. PEACE AND SECURITY FELLOWSHIPS IN WASHINGTON
7. GUIDE TO M.A. PROGRAMS IN PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
8. TOP SITES FOR FINDING ACADEMIC JOBS IN PEACE AND CONFLICT RESEARCH
9. U.N. JOBS—4 PARTS
A. HOW TO GO ABOUT HUNTING A JOB IN THE U.N.
B. CONTRACT TYPES AND LEVELS
C. FINDING THAT JOB YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR
D. FAQ ON JOB HUNTING STRATEGIES
10. U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE INTERNSHIPS
11. ISRAELI GOVERNMENT FELLOW
12. MERIDIAN INSTITUTE FELLOWSHIP
13. STARTING A CAREER BUILDING PEACE (ADVICE FOR COLLEGE CAREER COUNSELORS, FACULTY, AND STUDENTS)
14. “TOP TEN” INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTERS PROGRAMS:
15. GRADUATE SPECIALIZING IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS: